Elder Parker Roberts

Elder Parker Roberts

Monday, September 2, 2013

Hola Familia!


8-26
This week was good! I am starting to understand a lot more now but I am still pretty lost. I love the food here! It is the greatest. At church, me and my companions got to teach the Priests. They all spoke english so we did it in english so that was good for me because it was on marriage and that would be tough for me in spanish. After church yesterday it was someones birthday so the whole branch had a party at the church. They gave us a lot of weird foods. I asked my companions what some of it was and they just said to not worry about it and just eat it. Most of it was good but a lot of it was not the best. We have got two investigators that are getting baptized! I am way excited for that. We invited a investigator to a family night with a family and it was a blast. It reminded me of family night with our family. We sang some songs, had a short message and then played a lot of games and at watermelon and ice cream. The investigator loved it! Two of the people we are teaching, we are also helping them out with english. It is a lot different being on the teaching end- but a lot easier. I am loving it here more and more each day! The people are so nice! Still pray for my visa. I talked to a sister waiting for hers and she said they are having missionaries stay here in the states until they get there normal visa so keep on praying. I miss and love you all!
 
Elder Roberts

9-1-13

 This week was good! I had my first Baptism on Saturday! It was awesome! His name is Oscar. He has only been in America for like 8 months so he speaks no english. He works at cafe rio in sandy and a sister that just returned from her mission in Chile brought him to us. He was way ready for the gospel! Spanish is really hard but it is getting better! I can understand it if we're talking about the gospel but anything else I am still lost. I still don't get to speak it that much but it is getting better. We have been teaching this lady the whole entire time I have been here. She has been taught by the missionaries forever. She is totally ready to be baptized but she works on Sundays and can't come to church. We are trying to get her to talk to her boss or try to find a new job. But we got her to come to church so that was awesome! We were excited about that. I have loved the cloudy and rainy weather! It has been the best! Thanks for everything! I love and miss you all!!!!

Elder Roberts

My room and closet in Kearns

No comments:

Post a Comment