Elder Parker Roberts

Elder Parker Roberts

Monday, May 12, 2014

Happy Mother's Day!




May5
Hows it all going? This week was pretty good. It warmed up a lot so I haven't pulled out much of my winter stuff. This week we taught a lot of lessons but we are really struggling to find people especially the elect. Yesterday we had a meeting with president Ayre and our stake president! I learn so much from both of them every time I hear them. President talked to us about how this is God's work and we need to put in our best and a lot of the time we are not going to see the results but they will happen. The Stake President talked a lot about the signs God sends us and how we need to act on these signs. It was awesome! Also we just found out that they are going to divide our stake! It will happen the end of May. I hear it will be crazy. We have heard several General Authorities are coming to our church and Elder Cook! The last time this stake was divided they couldn't fit everyone in our three story church. They had the parking lot on the bottom floor full of people. My companion is a funny kid. He was baptized when he was 15 yrs old. His younger brother is serving in Chile right now. Everyone in his family are members. He loves to talk so he is always talking and I think it will help my Spanish. That's about it for this week. Pray that we can find the people God is preparing in our area. Thanks for everything. Love ya guys!

May12
Yesterday was awesome! I loved talking with you guys. I felt like I didn't talk a lot with Max and Ryan so tell them to write me. Happy Mothers Day mom!!! Your the best in the west! I love you so much! After I called you guys I had bbq pork sandwiches with chips and salsa and then hot fudge brownie sundaes! It was delicious! Thanks for sending me Sam's video. I couldn't hear anything but that was funny he had to talk through a mic. You guys heard most of it yesterday but this week was pretty good. President Gonzalez of the Seventy came and talked to our mission. It was really good! We learned a lot about teaching like Christ did. They said the best way we can learn this is to study the 4 gospels and 3nephi and really observe in how He taught. President Gonzalez also talked a lot about teaching from the Book of Mormon. These are two things that I really want to improve so I was really happy to hear from him. I just got a letter from a kid in my old ward and one of my first investigators here in Argentina got baptized yesterday! I was so happy to hear that. This week we found a lot of new investigators but none of them have really progressed. Pray that we can find families that are prepared for the gospel. Dad thanks so much for the line of authority! Thanks so much for everything! I love and miss you guys!



No comments:

Post a Comment