Elder Parker Roberts

Elder Parker Roberts

Thursday, November 21, 2013

Elder Holland came to Argentina!



This week was awesome!!! Saturday Elder Holland came and spoke to all of the Buenos Aires missions! I had to wake up at 2:30 in the morning and take a bus throughout the night and morning to go see him but it was awesome!! He talked about how important our missions are and how this is the Lord's work and we need to be completely focused on the Lord. He got so into his talk, it was crazy! He was pretty much screaming in the mike! The spirit was so strong and I learned so much from him. Also Elder Soares and another General Authority spoke and they both gave really good talks! This week we only found one new investigator but we had 6 investigators at church! I was so happy but we still have a lot of work to do with them. This week was so hot and humid!! I don't think I have slept with a blanket for my whole mission. Dad I will try to answer your questions. For p-day I do my 3 hours of morning studies, then usually clean up a little bit( this morning we found a massive pile of maggots in the kitchen. I almost threw up!) We then shop and email and then for the rest of the day the whole zone plays soccer at the church. Every church I have seen here has a soccer court outside in the back. My zone has only like 5 Americans and like 30 natives so they all love soccer and they are all freaking good! I get destroyed every p-day but I am getting better. Jaxson would love it here. Soccer is so huge here. All throughout the day kids play soccer in the streets and then at nights there are fields everywhere with older people playing. Everyone said I would just eat cow here but I get a lot of chicken and pasta. Most of the food I eat is from Peru because there are a ton of Peruvians in this ward. But so far the food has been really good. I love being with Elder Molina! My Spanish still isn't that great but it is improving a lot. The only problem I have had with my companion is that he puts his toilet paper in the garbage so I taught him that you can put it in the toilet. He told me his dad said you can only put it in the garbage. He is doing better but this morning he put it in the garbage so I wasn't happy about that. But other than that I am loving it! Thank you so much for everything! Do your best to share the gospel with others. Here I am not allowed to knock random doors. We work 100 percent with the members and it is so much more effective but we need the help with more members. I love and miss you all!!!!!

Pray for the Ortega Family and Jessica and Ever!


No comments:

Post a Comment