Elder Parker Roberts

Elder Parker Roberts

Monday, October 7, 2013

I went to General Conference!

Hope you guys are having a great time at the funeral. I have been thinking about grandma all week. President Chambers called me Wednesday and told me what happened and it was hard for me but I am so happy for grandma. I am so grateful for her and I love and miss her so much. 
I loved conference. I got to go to the Sunday morning session! It was so good! I was a little scared to see people I knew but the only person I saw that I recognized was Kyle Whittingham. I loved President Monson's talk! Me and my companions took an investigator and I think it was really good for her. The rest of the sessions I just watched at different members homes but it was a really fun weekend. When I was in my English assignment I was teaching this kid who was not progressing at all and his sister started sitting in on some lessons and she would keep all our commitments so we started to just focus on her. She is getting baptized on Saturday and she wants me to baptize her so I am excited to go back to that area. An elder in my mission going to Argentina just got his visa and so they are transferring me to a different Spanish ward in a normal companionship! I am excited! Dad, sorry I will try to answer your questions. A normal day for me is I wake up at 6 and 6:30 every other day. When I wake up at 6, I have zone workout and the whole zone plays some type of game in a stake center. It is pretty fun. Then  I get ready and have studies from 8 to 12. One hour of personal. Two hours of comp. And one hour of language. A lot of times we are busy so we have take out language study but that's my morning. We are trying our best to work with the members here but they are not helping much so we do a bit of tracting. We work until dinner which is at 5. For dinner I usually have tacos, rice, beans, Mexican soup and pasta and papussas! Then we work from 6 until 9. That is a normal day. P days I usually play basketball! Its really fun. Today we are thinking about going fishing so I am excited for that. Thanks for everything you guys are the best! I love and miss you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment