Elder Parker Roberts

Elder Parker Roberts

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Baptism!

Happy birthday Tyler!!!  Sorry that I am emailing you today. I got transferred into a new zone in Kearns and this week was their turn to go to the temple so they changed our p-day to today for this week. My new area is the area that I covered in English but I am there in Spanish now. I am really excited about that. My companion is Elder Parks. He is from Austin, Texas. 
The baptism went really well. Her name is Bibianna, but after the baptism a sister gave a talk and was calling her Biblianna- so I was really scared she was going to have to be baptized again. But her name is Bibianna so I was right. Right now she is the only member in her family, but her parents speak Spanish so I am going to try to work with them because they are in my area now. This week I was talking to a kid who played football for Kearns and he plays on the A-1 midgets team and he said his team lost to Corner Canyon 6-0. I  had a fun time telling him that was my brothers, Max and Ryan's team! He was a massive kid but only 12 years old. I love my new area! I speak a lot more Spanish right now, but Elder Parks and I got white washed so we are trying to get to know more people. The work is slow right now but it is picking up. We set up a lot of appointments but almost all of them fall through. The Spanish ward I am in is awesome. The Bishop is really missionary-minded so he is really trying to get the members involved with us, so I am really happy about that!
I had to go to the Sandy police station because the FBI wants new finger prints from everyone applying for a visas, so I had to get finger printed again.There were like 11 of us just in my mission. I am hearing a lot of missionaries that are getting their visas so I am excited about that. 
Is the hunt this weekend? There is this spot in my area where there are like 8 deer that just hang out and 3 of them are massive bucks. Good luck with everything! Keep praying for my visa! Thanks for everything! You guys are the best! I miss and love you all so much!!

Elder Parker Roberts

No comments:

Post a Comment