Elder Parker Roberts

Elder Parker Roberts

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

My first week in the Empty Sea!


My first week went pretty good! The first couple days were really hard and long but I am getting used to it! My companion is Elder Thurgood! He played on the Cottonwood HS tennis team and I played against him last year! He is a way funny kid! I am constantly laughing. There is only four of us in our room so its way nice! I love my Zone! They are all awesome kids. Pretty much everything is in spanish and it is super hard. We got our investigator on friday and we have had to teach him once a day except for Sunday and its all in spanish! He only speaks spanish so we have to do it all in spanish for 20 to 40 minutes. Its hard because I dont understand him and I also don't really know what I am saying but I think it is going good because we committed him to baptism yesterday! For the fourth of July we got out of class early and got to watch the movie 17 Miracles and then go watch fireworks! It was Awesome! Everyone says the food here is the best but I dont think its that great. I am already getting sick of it. I see Jordan and Porter almost everyday and I have seen Jayden once. Yesterday I saw Tyler!!! It was awesome! It was kind of weird seeing someone from my family but I was so excited to see him. I looked out my classroom and i just saw tyler kind of laughing at me. I was so happy. Basketball here is way fun!! Our zone has the worst schedule though. My gym time is usually first thing in the morning and half of the time we can't use the gym so we just run around the campus. I am starting to enjoy it a lot more now. My district is all pretty good at spanish so I am a little behind but I am doing alright. I am slowly learning it! I miss you guys a ton! I love you!!!!
Elder Parker Roberts



No comments:

Post a Comment