Elder Parker Roberts

Elder Parker Roberts

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Soccer!

Hows it going? How was Boise?  This week was pretty fun. Tuesday, Argentina had a world cup game and we got to watch it as a mission! We had a devotional and then watched the whole game. Argentina won in double overtime! It was super fun to watch. And this Wednesday Argentina has a game against Holland and we have permission to watch it in the house of a member! If they win Wednesday, they go to the finals! Right now they are in the semifinals and they haven't made it this far in like 20 years. It is huge here! This week I passed my year mark and I can't believe it. Time goes by so fast. This week we found a few good investigators. We found a man that is 85 yrs old named and isn't a member and his son served a mission. We had a really good lesson with him and we are working hard with him. He is pretty lonely but he loves when we visit him. We got a hold of his son that served a mission and he is helping us out with him. I just got dad's letter about Grandma and Grandpa's mission call!!! That's so awesome!!!! The food from Peru is the best thing I have ever had! There are a lot of Peruvians in this mission here in Argentina and they are hilarious. Yesterday in church we only had 44 people come. It was not a lot. I think it was the smallest Sacrament meeting I have been to. The hermana in my ward that is going to Chile still comes out with us every single day for hours. She helps us out a ton. We are starting to find a lot more and its helping us out a ton. Pray for Mariano that he can receive an answer. Thanks for the pictures mom they are super funny! I love and miss you all!

PS The picture of Grandpa on the diving board- That's the funniest thing I have ever seen. That's awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment