Elder Parker Roberts

Elder Parker Roberts

Monday, June 23, 2014

On my way to Pablo Nogues

Me and Elder Damitz
This week was a little crazy. President Ayre called me Tuesday night and told me I am going to Pablo Nogues. Its the area right next to La Cabaña. My companion is Elder Damitz from Huntington Beach California. He is super cool. He reminds me a lot of Jimmy Carter. Its kind of funny. He is my first companion from the states.  My ward has like 40 to 50 members every week. It is really similar to La Cabaña but with not a lot of active members. Also Austin Collie served his mission here in this mission and this was one of his wards. I live with a family of members and they had a byu hat signed  by Austin collie and they told me all about him. There is a hermana in this ward that works with us every single day from like 2pm to 9pm. She is waiting for her mission call and loves helping us out. She is awesome. Saturday Argentina had another game in the world cup. The streets go empty during the games. They only scored one goal but it was super quiet and when they scored I felt like I was in the stadium. It is so crazy. The work is doing good in this area. We worked a lot with the members this week and we received quite a bit a referrals. Your summer sounds awesome. Trek sounded fun. This ward has horrible luck with trek weather. Thanks for the letters and pictures. Love you all!
My Shower!!!


The River between Argentina and Uruguay




No comments:

Post a Comment