Elder Parker Roberts

Elder Parker Roberts

Monday, March 17, 2014

Lots of Rain!

This week was really good. My birthday was just like any other day in the mission. We had a lot of appointments so we were super busy.I didn't really have any time to do anything special or buy anything but I enjoyed my day. One day this week it rained like no other! It was crazy. We were a bit aways from our pension and a bus driver got killed( We only heard some robbers entered a bus and started robbing and the bus driver did something to them so they killed him), so they shut down all the buses to protest in our area so we could only walk and we had no time to go to the pension and get stuff so we got drenched. I have never been drenched like that especially in church clothes. It rained hard all day and did not stop. A lot of the streets here were like rivers. I loved it! This week we improved a lot. A few of our investigators came to church so we are really excited about that. Two of the kids of the Chungara family came to church. The parents had to work but the mom said she is coming no matter what this next week. 6 of them are under the age of 8 and they are all crazy kids so we weren't too sad that they didn't come without their parents. We are struggling a little with finding new investigators but we are working really hard with that. Pray that we can find the elect. That's about it for this week. I am loving it here. I am learning so much. Thanks for everything. Still waiting for your guys letters. Sorry I write so early. It's 12:30 here. I love you all!
Elder Roberts

You might want to hold off on sending any more packages. The sister in the office told me she thinks there is going to be more problems with the mail, so when it gets back to normal, I will let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment