Elder Parker Roberts

Elder Parker Roberts

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Paulina's Baptism!

12-9
Yesterday we baptized Paulina. She has been investigating the church almost her whole life. Everyone in her family are members. We live in her daughter's house. It was a really good experience for their family. Yesterday was also the confirmations of Emanuel and Camila. We are still working with there family a lot because half of them are not members and Emanuel and Camila do not have a problem inviting their friends and family to talk to us. Almost every time we have a lesson with them they bring someone new! They are awesome! We found a few more investigators this week so I am super happy about that. In Argentina there are these places called villas and they are awesome! It is a massive place where people just went and started building cement huts and connecting them to others and building on top of each other. We have had a hard time making time to go into the villa but this week we finally went in! It was awesome. It is like a massive maze of just huts! My first day president said these are really good places to find humble people so we are going to start working in the villa! I am loving Argentina! It is still so hot and it is only supposed to get hotter. The kids playing soccer in the streets remind me exactly of jaxson- it is not even funny. Some even look just like him. They have their soccer jerseys and are just going all out playing soccer! I love it! When I have to wait for the bus or train I love just watching them! It still doesn't feel like Christmas but I am loving it. I love my Christmas tree mom! Dad thanks for the pancake idea. Every morning I have pancakes with dulce de leche! Its so good! Pray for the Ortega family. They really need the gospel! Thanks for everything! Miss and love you all!

12-17
Hola! Today was transfers and me and elder Molina are staying together in San Martin! I am super excited about that! Sam said he is training!!!! That's awesome! This week my ward had an end of the year/Christmas party. We went to a big campsite that is owned by the church with lots of pavilions, a swimming pool, basketball court and lots of soccer. We had a huge barbecue and then played soccer for a few hours! I got destroyed but it was so fun! It was so hot. There is a part of my neck that hasn't seen the sun since I left on the mission and it got fried. The pool would have felt so good. This Sunday was kind of a bummer. None of our investigators showed up. But this week we found a lot more so I am happy about that. Every day just gets hotter and hotter. I wish my shower could go colder. This week I pulled out my ipod to give one last try and it works perfectly!! Its a Christmas miracle! So now I am loving the Christmas music! I cant wait to skype with you guys. If there is anything I need to do you need to tell me now so I can get everything ready! Thanks for everything! Love and miss you all!
 Yummy bananas with caramel/chocolate sauce!

We take these trains everyday

No comments:

Post a Comment