Elder Parker Roberts

Elder Parker Roberts

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

San Martin

Today I was transferred from San Martin to Congreso in capital! I am super excited! I thought I was going to stay in San Martin because elder Molina has almost 5 months there so I was super surprised! My companion is Elder Fuentes. He is from Santiago, Chile and also doesn't speak English. He is awesome! That is awesome Sam is going to be district leader in his area!! He will learn a lot. This week was pretty good in San Martin. We dropped a ton of investigators because they were not progressing but we got a few referrals from some members that I think will be baptized soon. This week me and elder Molina were walking in our area and all of the sudden we saw two sister missionaries proselyting in our area. We were so confused because the closest sisters to us are like 45 minutes away. We went up to them and asked if they were lost but they understood nothing. They are missionaries from the mtc here. The mtc dropped off like 6 missionaries in our area and they just went around and talked to people in the streets. I wish I had been able to do that in Provo. Dad- ya there are a ton of less actives here. The vision of this mission is we work only through the members and especially the less actives and recent converts. We teach a lot of less actives and recent converts and we find a lot of investigators through them. Most of them have members of their family that are not members or good friends that are not members and we are  teaching them. But I have learned a lot about the church here in Argentina. That's crazy  that everyone will start receiving their mission calls. I am super excited to see where Taylor is going! I love and miss you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment